Monday, January 12, 2009

Passion and Fun

On snowy days during the winter, I love to quilt. It has been my passion and fun for over 28 years. I could spend hours quilting and the time just flies by.In this quilt, the head is a rotary cutter, The limbs are rolled metal tubes.
the heartbeat is rattail cord woven thru a metal grid.
The feet have locks and the key is elsewhere in the quilt.

Originally, I made the background of this quilt for the Tsunami. After it travelled as apart of the Sacred Threads exhibit, I cut it apart and reworked it so it applies to my passion for today.
Last week I thought about entering my Seven Steps Around the Sacred Fire quilt to the Sacred Threads exhbit this year but decided against it for two reasons. It has many fragile embellishments and it is already framed.