Friday, April 2, 2010

1000 Artisan Textiles


I am so excited that 2 of my quilts, are being published in the soon to be released book, 1000 Artisan Textiles by Sandra Salamony & Gina M. Brown


0823 Celebrating The Model T Era, 38” x 31” (96.5 cm x 78.5 cm): hardware (door hinge, washers, lock washers), appliqué
0824 detail of Celebrating The Model T Era

0825 Pothole Patchwork, 16” x 24” (40.5 cm x 61 cm): stitching with metal soda cans, paper cord sewing machine needle, other mixed media

I originally did Pothole Patchwork for an Adventurous Quilter's Challenge to use the color orange...and thus the construction theme.

The Model T Era was the final quilt in a series of my Decade Quilts of the Twentieth century.

The book is in the warehouse and I cannot wait to see my babies in print!