Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Collaborative Art Project 20-21

Locked in Squares and Rectangles

Artist 1: Malavika Mandal Andrew
During the pandemic I was locked in and around squares and rectangles. Rooms, doors, window, bed, bed cover, pillow, framed art, floor tiles, table, kitchen platform, shelves, microwave, T. V, Cell phone, etc. There was a time when I was feeling that all my family members faces are also becoming rectangular. I don't think I will get such a lovely time again to spend time with my family. One rectangle has helped to pipe through the other rectangle and caught the movements of my likes, dislikes and missing nature. Likewise the Globe is also viewed as a series of rectangular edges. 

 Artist 2: Meena Schaldenbrand 

 Continued the circle shape with a small yo yo to fit in the square box that resulted from Malavika’s white embroidered lines. Repeated the circles as I added another yo yo as a flower to Malavika’s embroidered leaves. The yellow and red shapes looked like a roller coaster to me. So, I cut a paper roller coaster and enclosed it between 2 layers of fiberglass window screen and stitched the sandwich to the bottom right. Added a square jewel at bottom left, then two more squares and turned them on point to repeat the shapes in the rollercoastermade of fiberglass windowscreen.
Artist 3: Somen Debnath:
Size- 21cm x 29cm Medium- Mixed media, wood on canvas